The Benefits of Lemon Water
Lemon water has been around for thousands of years. It’s refreshing, adds some fun flavor to a necessary staple in our diet, and has several health benefits!
Lemons are packed with nutrients including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. Try drinking lemon water first thing in the morning and then waiting 15-30 minutes to have breakfast. This will help you reap the full benefits of lemon water, listed below:
1. Gives your immune system a boost. Vitamin C is known for its amazing aid in keeping sickness at pay and promoting healing, and lemons are packed full of this nutrient. When you’re stressed or sick, vitamin C is one of the first things in your body’s system to tank, so drink up!
2. An excellent source of potassium. Potassium is great for heart health and brain and nerve function. Lemons are high in potassium!
3. Aids in digestion. Lemon juice encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract. It also helps relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping, and bloating.
4. Detoxes your system. Lemons help flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function and stimulating your liver.
5. Freshens breath. Lemons smell amazing and drinking lemon water will help freshen your breath! It will also help combat gingivitis and toothaches.
6. Can help with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps you feel fuller, longer, and keeps hunger cravings away.
7. Reduces inflammation. If you consistently drink lemon water, it will decrease the acidity in your body, which is where disease states occur. By removing uric acid in your joints, a key source of inflammation, lemon water can play a huge role in helping you feel your best.
8. Gives you an energy boost. Lemon juice provides you with an energy boost as it enters your digestive tract. It can even help with anxiety and depression as the scent of lemons has been proven to help calm nerves.
9. Helps fight viral infections. Warm lemon water has been proven to help diminish viral infections and their subsequent sore throats. Plus, the lemon juice is helping boost your immune system!
10. Helps cut caffeine. Don’t get me wrong, I love coffee. But if you’re feeling that afternoon slump, try replacing the afternoon cup of coffee with a cup of hot lemon water. It will help you feel refreshed and less jittery!
How much lemon water should you drink? If you weigh less than 150 pounds, squeeze half a lemon’s worth of juice into your glass of water. If you weigh more than 150 pounds, use an entire lemon’s juice. You can dilute the juice with as much or as little water as your taste preferences prefer.
With fall and all of it’s lovely germs coming, start preparing your immune system now with chiropractic adjustments and lemon water to help you feel your best and avoid the viruses and infections fall tends to bring! Call us today for your appointment – we’d love to help.