- 0.1 Coffee can improve energy levels and make you smarter.
- 0.2 Coffee can help you burn fat.
- 0.3 Coffee is loaded with essential nutrients.
- 0.4 Coffee may protect you from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- 0.5 Coffee Can Fight Depression and Make You Happier
- 0.6 Coffee Can Lower Risks of Some Types of Cancer
- 1 The Best Coffee Shops in Nashville
Coffee… the motivator that gets many of us to finally put on feet on the floor and get out of bed each morning. Other than being a delicious source of energy and caffeine, coffee is actually amazing for your brain, skin, and body. Read on for many of the amazing health benefits coffee has to offer + our picks of where to get the best coffee in the Nashville area!
Coffee can improve energy levels and make you smarter.
Coffee (obviously) helps people feel less tired and increases energy levels due to its caffeine. Many controlled trials in humans show that coffee improves various aspects of brain function. This includes memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function!
Coffee can help you burn fat.
Caffeine is one of the very few natural substances that have been proven to aid in fat burning. Several studies note that caffeine can boost metabolic rate by 3-11%! Other research indicates that caffeine can specifically increase the burning of fat by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 29% in lean people.
Coffee is loaded with essential nutrients.
A single cup of coffee contains:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 11% of the RDA.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): 6% of the RDA.
- Manganese and Potassium: 3% of the RDA.
- Magnesium and Niacin (B3): 2% of the RDA.
Although this may not seem like a big deal, most people are drinking more than one cup per day. If you drink 3-4, then these amounts quickly add up.
Coffee may protect you from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Alzheimer’s is the most common neurodegenerative disease and the leading cause of dementia. While there is no known cure for the disease, several studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
Coffee Can Fight Depression and Make You Happier
4.1% of people in the U.S. currently meet the criteria for clinical depression. A Harvard study published in 2011 found that women who drank 4 or more cups of coffee each day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed!
Coffee Can Lower Risks of Some Types of Cancer
Liver and colorectal cancer are the 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer deaths worldwide. Studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 40% lower risk of liver cancer, and a 15% lower risk of colorectal cancer!
The Best Coffee Shops in Nashville
Now that you know the health benefits of coffee, here are our picks of where to grab an amazing cup of joe around town! These local shops have some of the best baristas and brews across the globe.
- Steadfast Coffee
- Coffee Pick: Rested Butterscotch
- Frothy Monkey
- Coffee Pick: Rosemary Honey Latte
- The Good Cup
- Coffee Pick: Good and Evil
- The Well
- Coffee Pick: 1 And 1
- Coffee Pick: Cortado
- Bongo Java
- Coffee Pick: McBowl
- Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes
- Coffee Pick: The Cuban
- Barista Parlor
- Coffee Pick: Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Latte