Stress. We all feel it. You’re inbox has 598 new emails. You’re stuck in traffic on the way to your job interview. You’re kid can’t find their favorite blanket and is in full meltdown mode. Unfortunately, life is full of stressors that we simply have to learn to overcome. In order to help you, we’ve created a helpful list of natural ways to relieve stress — we hope you use them and find some respite in this busy world!
- Sip Green Tea
- Green tea is a source of L-Theanine, a chemical that helps relieve anger — refresh yourself with a cup of tea and some peace of mind.
- Chew Gum
- Just a few minutes of chewing can actually reduce anxiety and lower cortisol levels!
- There’s evidence that just two quick bouts of silent meditation per day can relieve stress and depression. Give it a shot!
- Count Backward
- Try slowly counting to 10 and then back again in order to refocus your mind and calm down. It’s more difficult to worry when you’re focusing on what number comes next.
- Close Your Eyes
- Taking a break for your duties to close your eyes, breathe, and regain your focus while calming yourself is a great way to relax.
- Rub Your Feet Over a Golf Ball
- You can give yourself a relaxing foot massage by rubbing your feet back and forth over a golf ball!
- Run Cold Water On Your Wrists
- By running cold water over your wrists, you target major arteries in the body. This cold, relaxing act can soothe your mind and ease your worries.
- Be Alone
- Taking just 5 minutes to be alone and collect your thoughts can do wonders for your state of mind.
- Get some Vitamin D
- Bright light is an effective treatment for people who suffer from depression and is proven to cheer people up.
- Get Organized
- Taking just a few moments to organize your surroundings is an incredibly easy and effective way to relieve stress — a clutter free environment helps relieve a cluttered mind.
- Standing up to stretch relieves muscle tension and helps up relax!
- Write It Out
- Journaling allows you to put your stress to paper and clears your mind. By writing down what is bothering you, you are better able to sort through it and what needs to be done.
- Smells Some Flowers
- There’s a reason you often hear people say it’s time to stop and smell the roses — the floral smell can change your mood and turn your frown upside down.
- Laughter is truly the best medicine for an anxious mind! Watch a funny YouTube video, find a great joke, and give yourself some cheer.
What is one of your favorite ways to relax? Share in the comments below!