The Iroquois Steeple chase occurs in Nashville on the second Saturday of May each year at Percy Warner Park — This year that is May 14, 2016! This event is one of Nashville’s most time-honored and treasured traditions — celebrating Tennessee’s hospitality, great fashion, food, fellowship, and of course, horse races benefiting some amazing causes. via Steeplechase is run by the nonprofit organization, The Volunteer State Horsemen’s Foundation. Through Steeplechase, this foundation supports several local organizations by donating the race’s proceeds to their various causes. Vanderbilt’s Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital is a primary beneficiary who has received more than $10 million from The Volunteer State Horsemen’s Foundation! They also proudly support Friends of Warner Parks and other local nonprofits and charities. So what do you need to know about race day? We’ve got you covered!
- Gates open at 8:00am.
- First race is at 1:00pm.
- Last race ends at approximately 5:30pm with the featured race, the Iroquois & Cheltenham Challenge
- Tickets can be purchased here
- If you don’t have a parking pass, you’re highly encouraged to take a cab or Uber/Lyft
- There will be food trucks in the tailgating areas
- Those tailgating typically bring their own food/drinks in (no glass containers allowed!)
- People dress to the nines for this event! Sun dresses, big hats, bow ties, you name it!