What are the Symptoms of Pinched Nerves?
Pinched nerves occur when there is too much pressure applied to a nerve by its surrounding tissues. This pressure, which can also come from bones, cartilage, muscles, or tendons, often wreaks havoc on the nerves. Pinched nerves interrupt the nerve’s function, often causing pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness in the body. Pinched nerves can occur just about anywhere in the body. However, one of the more common areas for a pinched nerve is in the spine. A herniated disk in the spine can create pressure on nerve roots, causing intense pain.
Symptoms of Pinched Nerves
According to the Mayo Clinic, signs and symptoms of pinched nerves include, but are not limited to:
- Numbness or decreased sensation in the area supplied by the nerve
- Frequent sensation that a limb has “fallen asleep”
- Sharp, aching, or burning pain
- Muscle weakness in the impacted area
- Pins and needles sensation, also known as paresthesia
Pinched nerves are caused when there is too much pressure placed on a nerve by its surrounding tissues. Sometimes, this pressure comes from bone or cartilage, other times its impacted by the muscle or tendons. Causes of pinched nerves can vary, but common causes include:
- Repetitive movements
- Sports activities
Pinched nerves are not to be ignored. Not only do they cause pain, but they can also lead to permanent damage if not treated appropriately. Dr. Hinz at Cool Springs Chiropractic, located in Franklin, TN, is an expert in the chiropractic field. He has helped countless clients treat their pinched nerve pain through the safe, natural, and effective use of chiropractic. If you are interested in learning more about how chiropractic can help provide long-term relief for pinched nerve pain, contact Cool Springs Chiropractic today!
Chiropractic Can Help With Pinched Nerve Pain
Chiropractic is a scientifically backed alternative medicine that treats problems at their source. Unlike traditional over the counter and prescription medications, which only treat the symptoms, chiropractic care gets to the root of the problem. Dr. Hinz, at Cool Springs Chiropractic, will diagnose the root of the problem and establish a treatment plan for your pinched nerves.
Pinched nerves often occur due to subluxations in the spine. These misalignments often cause nerve irritation or pressure, leading to severe pain in the back or neck. The spine houses the body’s central nervous system. The central nervous system controls every cell and function in the body. When the spine is misaligned, the central nervous system’s ability to communicate is hindered.
Pinched nerves occur from a variety of causes. Improper posture, poor lifting form, awkward twisting motions, bad sleeping positions, injuries, and more can cause pinched nerves. Chiropractic care from Cool Springs Chiropractic treats pinched nerves at their source, in order to help patients feel better, faster.
Dr. Hinz will perform a physical exam to identify if you are suffering from a pinched nerve. Next, he will determine what caused the ailment, and together you will establish a treatment plan. Next, Dr. Hinz will perform spinal manipulations in order to correct the spine’s alignment. These manipulations will release tension and pressure on the nerves, and help restore the central nervous system’s ability to communicate to the body. Sometimes, pinched nerve pain can be alleviated in as little as one visit, while other times patients need to return for a few visits to make sure the nerve’s function is fully restored and the injury does not reoccur.
Chiropractic care from Dr. Hinz at Cool Springs Chiropractic will help realign the spine, reduce pinched nerve pain, and reduce inflammation in the body. Traditional medical care will try treating the symptoms of pinched nerves, but fails to identify and treat pinched nerve pain at its source. Chiropractic care from Cool Springs Chiropractic aims to provide long-term and lasting relief from pinched nerve pain!
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care from Cool Springs Chiropractic treats far more than just pinched nerves and back pain. Located in Franklin, Tennessee, Cool Springs Chiropractic is staffed with knowledgeable and friendly staff, prepared and equipped to help you start living your healthiest life.
Chiropractic is a safe, natural, and effective way to help treat patients’ symptoms at their source. Chiropractic doesn’t come with a grocery list of unpleasant side effects, like over the counter and prescription medications. Some of the incredible benefits of chiropractic include:
- Boosted energy levels. When the spine is properly aligned, the central nervous system can functions as it should. This means the body gets to work smarter, and not harder, in order to perform basic functions, increasing overall energy levels.
- Deeper sleep. Chiropractic care from Cool Springs Chiropractic reduces pressure on the spine. This allows patients to get more peaceful, comfortable, and restorative sleep.
- Increased range of motion. When the spine is properly aligned, inflammation is reduced throughout the body. This increases range of motion as muscles are able to relax.
- Proper spinal alignment. The spine is home to the body’s central nervous system, which controls every function in the body. A properly aligned spine allows the central nervous system to function as it should. This helps tap into the body’s innate ability to heal itself!
- Better posture. Having correct posture is about more than just listening to your mom when she tells you to sit up straight. Correct posture actually correlates with increased confidence, more productivity, and reduced spinal pressure.
Cool Springs Chiropractic Can Help!
Dr. Hinz at Cool Springs Chiropractic is an expert in the chiropractic field. He is an expert at treating ailments such as pinched nerves. There is no reason to live with pain such as pinched nerves, backaches, headaches, or any other ailments you may try to treat with over the counter or prescription medications. Chiropractic offers a safe and natural alternative! Contact Cool Springs Chiropractic today.